World Cancer Congress
2016 World Cancer Congress: From Melbourne...to Paris “Mobilising action – Inspiring change”.
More than 3’500 cancer experts and leaders will travel to Paris to discuss the latest cancer trends and projections, address challenges together and meet their peers from around the world.
The World Cancer Congress is an award winning conference* that is now acknowledged by the global cancer community as the leading international event in cancer implementation science. Delegates thrive on its programme's stimulating and innovative features which enable them to exchange best practices in a collaborative and inspiring environment.
Not to be missed in April and May
Call for abstracts and summary reports
We are currently calling for abstracts and summary reports to be submitted before Thursday 28 April 23.59 CET (Paris time). We are calling for three types of submissions:
- Abstracts on scientific studies describing the collection, analysis and interpretation of cancer-relevant data (clinical, behavioural, epidemiological, etc)
- Summaries of practice, policy and advocacy reports describing innovative cancer and NCD programmes in detection, care, support, prevention, organisation.
- Summaries of fundraising campaign reports which supported funding or donation to cancer and NCD control causes.
Find out more about the abstract submission guidelines: HERE
Master Courses enrolment
All congress registered participants are also invited to enrol for free on one of the very popular Master Courses. There are 7 Master Courses on offer, all of which are led by experts in the chosen field, and run online for 6-months to eventuall culminate in Paris with a dedicated workshop that will see its participants certified. Find out more now: HERE
Spring time in Paris registration offer
Why should you register before 31st May?
- You will save money
- You will still be able to enrol on a Master Course
- You will take one of the last few tickets available for the memorable and fun social event "A funfair of Yesteryear" held on 2 November evening at Les Pavillons de Bercy - Free for Congress delegates
- You can sign up for one of the Institutional tours - limited availability
- You will be at the forefront of all the latest Congress e-news
More about the programme
An engaging and innovative programme has been designed in collaboration with UICC’s members and partners, and will expose the Congress participants to a large choice of interactive sessions, lively debates, an ice-breaking breakfast, workshops, themed receptions, capacity building opportunities, all of which within the five cancer control tracks:
Track 1 - Stemming the tide: innovations in prevention and screening
Track 2 - Closing the gap: quality cancer treatment and diagnosis for all
Track 3 - Improving patient and family experiences
Track 4 - Strengthening cancer control: optimising outcomes of health systems
Track 5 - Empowering civil societies: building capacity for change - NEW!
Watch the video to find out why you should attend
CEO programme: a pathway for leaders conceived by leaders
For the first time this year, CEOs, Director Generals, Managing Directors are invited to participate to a dedicated and varied programme tailored to their needs and aimed at supporting them in their leadership role and help them address today's challenges in a fast changing environment.
The Global Village is the heart of the Congress and will host several activities including the lively international exhibition. There are only 3 spaces left in this hugely popular hub.
If you would like to become a Congress sponsor or exhibitor, please contact Ms. Marion Gilodi at Gilodi@uicc.org.
Keep visiting the Congress website www.worldcancercongress.org for more info about the Congress programme.
The 2016 World Cancer Congress is organised by UICC and will be hosted by:
*The World Cancer Congress won the award of "Best Conference Development" at the 2016 International & European Associations Awards held in Berlin on 11 April 2016.